Friday, January 9, 2009

Don't worry about. . .

or "It's fine." I find I mutter those words much to often, with whatever ill fate comes my way. Of course it is great to have a positive attitude but I think I have an over the top positive attitude. Sometimes people are just jerks or being inconsiderate and it is ok to not be ok with it. I am learning that it is acceptable to say. "hey. . .that is not ok." But still forgive and love the person. If someone keeps thinking that their behavior is ok why would they need to change it?

One of my goals for this year is to try and do just that. You can call if what you want, "not getting walked all over," "standing up for yourself," or "being assertive." Either way, that is what I am trying to do.

I have already started to makes changes. It is hard for me because I don't want to hurt peoples feelings! What the *%#@ is wrong with me? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings as they are hurting mine? I think I am too nice! I still want to love people and be a nice person, but that also means standing up for yourself.

So here I am at the beginning of my journey, certain that I will find out a lot about myself along the way! Do you have any tips that work for you?

You'll never find the time. . . You have to make the time!

No comments: