Tuesday, June 10, 2008

the 60/40 split

Wow. . . it has been awhile since I've posted anything. i am now officially moved in to my new place. I have the painting done, unpacking done (most), some decorating done, and ready to entertain tonight! I really like the new place a lot. My goal for myself is to try and keep it always clean. I have my small group meeting there every week now so I have to keep it up! It's a very good thing.

This last weekend was really great. Why?. . . because I got to meet a bunch of new people. I really enjoy meeting new people. . . under the right circumstances. If they aren't the right circumstances. . . I am very quiet and barely say a word. weird, I know. I don't really know why I do this. Why I have two polar opposites? I have always been that way though. The "right circumstances" would be a 60/40 split. I have to already know at least 60 percent of the people there. I feel like then I am in MY element. I am much more confident in randomly talking to people. Like this weekend. . . it was prob a 85/15 split. Even better. I knew exactly who I have never met, and can go right up and talk to them. Considering I didn't know 95% of my friends 2 years ago, I'd say my system works I guess. I love to meet new people. To learn new things from them. Is anyone with me?

You will never find the time. . . You have to make the time!

No comments: