Monday, May 5, 2008

God was laughing at my movie!!

Do you ever have one of those moments where you feel like your life is in a movie? Either something so out of the ordinary happens or something so amazing? I had a brief moment in a life movie on Sunday night. I was out for a little evening stroll with a friend on 8th street (an amazing little street with lots of beautiful old houses that I dream of living in!) when I noticed a presumably dead gopher ( something like that, I'm not real up on my tree creatures) laying on the side walk. I pointed it out to my friend on the way by. Now, on the way back things went a little differently. I decided I would take a picture on my phone to send to a friend. As i got closer to the " tree creature", it started twitching and moving its whole body! I screamed "It's moving, it's moving!", as ran away. Yes, I ran away screaming! It was so utterly disturbing that my words do not do it justice. I think it's eyes opened up maybe too? I'm getting shivers just thinking about it.

The part that might be the most disturbing to me is that I was screaming like a 5 year girl. People were stopping what they were doing in their yards, looking out there windows, and even got a few who were rummaging through the trash week items to stop and look. Good grief!

I'm still not sure what made the "tree creature" start moving. It seemed pretty dead the first time. Was it just slowing dying and making one last attempt at life? Had it fallen from the tree and gotten temporarily knocked out? Did the wind make it move? What I think it was, was God playing a little practical joke on me. Waiting until I got just close enough, then BAM!!! , He makes it start twitching up a storm. Yes, I think that must be what happened. You may think, "God playing a joke?," Yes. . . God created senses of humor didn't he? So I think he probably has one too!

No comments: