Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Red, white, and blue. . and Green

I woke up the other morning and remembered that my little herb garden had been left outside all night. Now. . in a normal April, that would have been fine, but this April is not normal. Thus my herb garden had been killed. After weeks of watering and making sure they had sun, I feel like a part of me died too. Ok. . not really but I am really bummer! So I guess I'll re-plant and start the whole process again and hopefully one of these days I can actually have some fresh herbs to cook with.

I am going to this military brass band concert tonight and I am really looking forward to it. Not only are men in uniforms hot (most), but I really like military stuff. All of the rules, fancy ceremonies, and respect. I know I am in for a treat with a sold out show and all. Should be a good time!

I also made some more steps today to be green. I found this really great website called http://www.reusablebags.com ( this is not a link) that sells all kinds of products that are earth friendly. I ordered some re-usable grocery bags (even though I had some. . these were so cute!), a re-usable orange lunch bag made from recycled products, something to replace the disposable plastic sandwich bags, and this kick butt cool water bottle! The water bottle is my favorite part. Not only is it super cute, it is made out of aluminum instead of polycarbonate. By the way many polycarbonate bottles are toxic. Including the popular Nalgene bottles. The way to know if yours is toxic-- on the bottom of the bottle if the number in the triangle is 3,6,7, THROW IT OUT!

You will never find the time. . . You have to make the time!

No comments: